June 15, 2015

Saint-Tropez, le marché


In Saint-Tropez, we wandered around the Saturday market, la Place des Lices under an unbelievable blue sky. I understand why Hemingway and everybody spent months in the south of France. There is so much to see that you need at least a whole summer to relax and lazily walk around enjoying the narrow streets, details, boulangeries, and magical blue sea. The natural light is special and it makes so much sense that Van Gogh, Cézanne, and those guys were so into painting around there. 

The one that got away. Why didn't I buy a pair of these gingham gems? 
The man selling really expensive art. People recommend the Saturday market to buy vintage furniture and art, I guess for people who can afford yachts. 
Soap on a rope. I couldn't afford the art, but I took home soap to last six months. I'm currently using a bright red soap that smells like sweet wine and it makes the shower look like someone got murdered in it, but it smells so indulgent...it makes bathtime feel extra fancy. 
I love the pipes!
Vintage silverware.
These basket bags were a fantastic deal, I bought the one on the right! We have similar ones all over Mallorca, but they were cheaper in Saint-Tropez.

A cafe next to the market.
    
I was in soap heaven.
There were so many cute dogs everywhere.
Perfect scooter.
A poster by the market, RIP Paul Walker.

2 comments:

  1. When we're old ladies, let's vacation in the south of France together. We'll have a few yachts by then.

    ReplyDelete

“You look ridiculous if you dance You look ridiculous if you don't dance So you might as well dance.” ― Gertrude Stein

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...