March 31, 2015

Insta-London

I made a collage of my Instagram photos plus a few more from our weekend trip to London in February. Even in the bitter cold (I walked around with hot pads from Boots under my shirt) it was still a great time.
Some things I enjoyed about the trip:

I loved visiting the British Museum. I enjoy seeing paintings and sculptures, but I think I might like thousand-year-old artifacts and mummies even more!

I will never get sick of eating and walking around Borough Market!

Liberty London is so beautiful, I could visit it every day.

I’m still dreaming about breakfast at Dishoom where I had a delicious and bacon and egg naan roll with a chai latte and felt like I was in Bombay in the 1920s.

We were lucky to stay with our friends who have the sweetest dog Ruby, she would jump in our bed and kiss us every morning.

Our friend invited us to go to a 60s dance party run by Die Freche Muse, a group of people who throw themed burlesque events in secret locations around London. They have a strict dress code so we spent one afternoon vintage shopping in Brick Lane and I found a cute yellow dress from the 60s and a flowery scarf for under 20 quid.

The night of the party I probably spent way too long getting dolled up and failing at cat eyes, but we put our coats on and went out into the cold hoping to dance and see some raunchy 1960s striptease. We took one overground train and one bus and arrived to the party with the most interesting mix of people (young, old, transvestites, plus us weirdos) dancing, drinking, or sitting in booths surrounded by psychedelic wall projections and the most awkward house party vibe in the room. 

Maybe it would have been more fun if it was in a really cool old mansion with chandeliers. This place felt like an old, run down recreation center, but people took our coats at the door and there was a burlesque dancer in a cat suit, but she was more like a drunk girl who randomly showed up in a cat suit, see I can’t even explain it to you, but it sounds so weird, right? It just wasn't what we were expecting.

Sorry I didn’t get your party, Die Freche Muse. You succeeded in making us laugh and laugh and after we left the party early, we all waited for a cab and it started to snow and we got to see some of the beautiful red foxes that roam London at night! Read about the foxes in London here
Ok so I did enjoy the party a little bit! 

1 comment:

  1. I love David's scarf! I was just unpacking some storage yesterday and found a photo album of pictures I took when I traveled to London by my lonesome when I was 14. I think I took the same picture of cats at the British Museum, and so many pictures of mummies and human bones.

    ReplyDelete

“You look ridiculous if you dance You look ridiculous if you don't dance So you might as well dance.” ― Gertrude Stein

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...