September 28, 2014

Rain & Beach


It had been so hot and humid that I didn't believe it would actually get cooler, but autumn came and brought rain. I really enjoy hearing church bells, but church bells with thunder and rain is even better. 
Spanish tile is guay. That's Spain Spanish for cool, but don't let me fool you, I'm awful at speaking Spanish. 
This is a local almond liquor from Mallorca. When I get paid I will buy a bottle. 
The sun came out yesterday and we went to the beach. The water is clear and shallow and turned more teal, but still see-through as we swam deeper out to a yellow buoy. The sea temperature has gone from lukewarm to feeling more like pool water so it's still perfect. 
One of the churches by my house, Santa Eulalia is beautiful from every angle. I love seeing it every day and night. 
Asturian blue cheese from my favorite little shop Embotits Es Miracle. I took a picture from the balcony because I love my neighborhood. 
A Renault from the Sixties, my dream car. 
Door knob of my dreams. I've been in love since the very first time we met. I will have you one day, but for now I will wait. 
Just a building and some shutters. 
A Mallorquin-German hybrid beer from the shop where I got the cheese above. 
I made a scary face because I was certain I was in Dracula's castle. This photo was taken during Nit de l'Art (Art night) when the whole city celebrated and there were art exhibits and museums open late and gin and lemon juice and pintxos for sale in the streets. A few days ago I saw that someone had graffitied Nit de Fart on a building. P.s. If you didn't know, Catalan and Mallorquin are the languages of the island. Everyone speaks Spanish too. 
David uncovered! 
A dog on a boat! What!
Another picture of Dave, the wave. If you made it this far, please watch this now, I laughed and cried so much. 

3 comments:

  1. so lovely and made for happy memories and day dreaming xoxoxo love it all. and that car is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so good in the picture with the red wall. David should print it and carry it around in his wallet forever.

    P.S. I wasn't subscribed to this blog, hence the million comments. I thought you had abandoned it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so good in the picture with the red wall. David should print it and carry it around in his wallet forever.

    P.S. I wasn't subscribed to this blog, hence the million comments. I thought you had abandoned it.

    ReplyDelete

“You look ridiculous if you dance You look ridiculous if you don't dance So you might as well dance.” ― Gertrude Stein

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...