April 27, 2013

Sifoneria Palma



We went to Mallorca, a tiny Spanish island in the Mediterranean Sea over the weekend. It was pretty magical. One day while walking through the oldest part of town in Palma we stumbled upon this great place filled with wine barrels and all these fun and colorful things from the Sixties along with a small art exhibit in the back. We sat on barrels and a cute man in a white apron who had never heard of Wes Andersen poured our barrel drinks into little glasses. I felt like I was in a movie while sitting on a wooden barrel with my sparkling siphoned wine while a tape player played tapes held together with a pencil and a movie projector played old French films in the background. We went to Sifoneria twice, we loved it so much. And I even wrote a Gogobot review so more people will know about it. Note: I found this video in Catalan of the place on the Mallorcan news.


I've finally become nostalgic for tape players, I need one! 

There were these cute little girls hanging out at the place.
Posey pictures. 
 

11 comments:

  1. Your blog is my favorite of all time! Magical is right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This has nothing really to do with how cool this place is... but aftwr I saw this post, I planned a trip to the store to buy some cotton yarn to crochet a bag like yours.

    Also, you should move to maine. You would love it here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maine seems like such a neat place. I would totally love it there. I hope you're totes having fun with your new baby girl

      Delete
  3. Aww this is so cute! I love your doodles. I've been admiring so many of your photos- would you mind if I made some watercolors of a few?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, please use my photos! I love watercolors! I'm excited to see them.

      Delete
    2. Also, I met a Mallorcan painter at the Sifoneria who likes to paint the bottles at the place I took pictures of...He took us to his studio and he was amazing, http://www.xiscofuentes.com/ No watercolors though.

      Delete
    3. Also, it was neat going to this man's studio and seeing all of his work. He's been painting for 30 years, painter (pintura) is job! I love it! I'm excited for you to have more time for your art.

      Delete
  4. Thank you!! I am really excited to do this. Keep taking pretty photos- they brighten my day. This man is really good! I like his style. I am crossing my fingers that I can figure out some sort of business where I get to make things!! I am probably going to open an online shop selling some hand painted and printed textiles soon...I hope!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are those Bensimons? I bought a pair on sale in New York but never wear them because they're terribly uncomfortable. I was hoping they would be the perfect travel shoes because they scrunch up in my bag.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they are Bensimons. I've found that I have to order a size bigger when I buy them. I love them! I'm sorry they didn't work out for you. I only like the ones with shoelaces.

      Delete

“You look ridiculous if you dance You look ridiculous if you don't dance So you might as well dance.” ― Gertrude Stein

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...