February 10, 2013

Carnaval Pt. 1

For Carnaval, we took a bus to Santoña, a fishing village famous for its parade. It was so much fun because the whole town dressed up, I felt like I was in a movie.
I love this old lady with a mask and a pacifier. She saw me taking a picture and posed.
Everything was empty before the parade, though I did see a lot of people in costumes at the grocery store stocking up for the night. Young people here drink wine mixed with Coke.
I love this house. 
Beautiful bay. 
The castle is on the right. 
On our way to the medieval fortress.
Here's Mother Mary protecting the fortress.
Here's me pretending to be a queen. I told David to gather the horses so we could run away. The Vikings were getting closer and I had a bad feeling about it.
Here's David standing on a 50-foot cliff, it was so scary.
Next post, the food and the parade...

2 comments:

  1. Love all of these, especially the one of you pretending to be a queen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the comment! Also, I noticed you posted something about Doctor Who on Pinterest! I love Doctor Who!

    ReplyDelete

“You look ridiculous if you dance You look ridiculous if you don't dance So you might as well dance.” ― Gertrude Stein

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...