February 24, 2013

Beach & Pizza & Movies

It's been really cold and rainy. Before the cold weather a few days ago, I went to the beach and read a book barefoot! We've seen a lot of movies lately at the theater that plays movies in English for 3 euro. This week we saw The Gambit and Night of the Living Dead. The Gambit has Colin Firth, Alan Rickman, and Cameron Diaz in it and it was sort of awful, but I enjoyed it and laughed at Cameron Diaz's Texan accent the whole time. Her accent was almost as bad as Anne Hathaway's British accent in One Day. It was fun seeing Night of the Living Dead in a theater. I enjoyed their Texan accents as well and really loved Marilyn Eastman's dress in the most terrifying scene of the movie. Friday night we went to a chocolaterie that specializes in churros con chocolate. Most places are dead around 7 pm, but the churro place was packed. The chocolate was rich and delicious and the churros were covered in so much sugar I was forced to use too many napkins because I'm like Larry David (watch here) when it comes to napkins. I need a lot of napkins when I eat. Either I don't know how to use napkins right or I'm a very messy eater?  
My cat Tippy must be cold because she is forcing her way onto my lap. I'll be spending the rest of the day indoors catching up on emails and drinking strawberry tea. I really just have one email to reply to, I just wanted to sound like those people who talk about endless emails and not having enough time to tackle their inbox. Also, I really wanted to use the word wobbly in this post when talking about Anne Hathaway's accent, but I only love British TV series and I'm not actually British. Spoiler: Next time, I won't be so wobbly and I'll talk all the British I want.



2 comments:

  1. I will write you an email so you have one extra email to respond to :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried to video chat with you about 2 weeks ago. I will try harder.

      Delete

“You look ridiculous if you dance You look ridiculous if you don't dance So you might as well dance.” ― Gertrude Stein

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...