December 30, 2011

Dreamiest Moment of 2011

Going to an Arab bathhouse (go to the website) in Granada.  It was hidden in a dark and narrow alleyway by the river.  There were three pools covered in beautiful Moorish tile filled with warm, hot, and cold water. We would switch from pool to pool, swim around and relax, but my favorite (and the funniest) part was watching all of the couples intensely make out, tubby Spanish girls in tiny bikinis with their legs wrapped around the hips of their lovers in speedos and so many tongues moving in and out and all over, up and down, all around us, so much love, lust, euphoria.  In between the pools and the teenagers kissing, we would drink mint tea and roll around on hot stones.  It was so relaxing and magical. The bath attendants in cute little terry cloth outfits told us they would come and get us in an hour and half. They never told us to leave. We went in at 9 pm and left at 12:30 am. Here are some pictures I took of the dressing area. 
And then I walked around the rest of the night feeling like this. I always loved how at 5 am in Spain there were still people partying. 

2 comments:

  1. this looks pretty dreamy and you make it sound so romantic. we didn't go to a hammam in morocco because i couldn't get over my nervousness about a stranger touching me. i've never even had a massage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Whitney, I can't wait to see your bedroom one day!

    @Mina, I've never had a massage either. All the sexy couples got massages, but we didn't. I'm sure it would feel good...one day....one day, I"ll fly to Quebec and we'll go to a spa for a real life massage.

    ReplyDelete

“You look ridiculous if you dance You look ridiculous if you don't dance So you might as well dance.” ― Gertrude Stein

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...