August 7, 2009

Whip It

I saw so many good previews tonight when I saw 500 Days of Summer. I was entertained with the movie and thought it was funny. (STOP READING NOW IF YOU WANT TO SEE THE MOVIE) I heard people didn't like it. I'm glad Joseph Gordon-Levitt didn't end up with Zooey. She didn't deserve him. Eventhough he should have been an architect, she was too pushy and annoying about him not living up to his potential. I loved the dance sequence in the movie as well and didn't think the movie was trying too hard to be cool as long as you don't analyze it too much. I didn't mind seeing Ikea, records, the pretty interracial wedding, chalk paint or hearing The Smiths. Also the sister in the movie is named Rachel, the opening sequence has some gymnastics, and they started dating on my birthday January 8, so I loved it from the beginning. I'm excited to see Drew Barrymore's directorial debut:

4 comments:

  1. yes, i thought 500 days was really fun and entertaining -- although i thought it was too much like other movies (the dance sequence = enchanted; the childhood flashbacks = wes anderson; the flashback montages of remembering their relationship in either good or bad ways = forgetting sarah marshall...)

    but still, i thought it was totally fun to watch and loved to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so I haven't seen the movie...but I did read the whole post (thanks Rachel! j.k.) anyway, I will still go watch the movie. I downloaded the soundtrack and love it so much. btw, I also really want to see Whip It. I love both Ellen Page and Drew Barrymore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. its almost as though Dumbledore took his wand and gave us the same exact thoughts on this post.

    ReplyDelete

“You look ridiculous if you dance You look ridiculous if you don't dance So you might as well dance.” ― Gertrude Stein

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...